Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I Believe...

In my on-going struggle with self-doubt and insecurities, I find it hard to refute these feelings and feel my own self worth as God does. I know many women struggle with the same insecurities that I do, and I know deep down that we are all strong, beautiful, successful women. I discovered that through Gods perfect love, I can push these doubts and insecurities right out the window. I can live with out the doubt, the fear, the worry, and all the anxiety and sadness that comes with it. 

When I started this journey and I really started to research and find out what God's perfect love was all about, I was really surprised at how much he wants us to be confident and not carry around all of this doubt. He wants us to be strong and courageous. He does not want us to be frightened or dismayed, because he is with us every step of the way (Joshua 1:9). He does not want us to throw away our confidence because it has a great reward (Hebrews 10:35). I know this to be true because God gave me a spirit not of fear, but of power, love, and self control (2 Timothy 1:7). 

The insecurities I struggle with eat at my heart, it spreads and settles over me like a dark cloud. I know that God has a perfect plan and He will walk me through these difficult times. When I feel these feelings creeping up and trying to take over I just need to remind myself of the simple truths God tells me. 


I believe... 
I believe in God's perfect love. 
I believe that God will be with me every step of my journey. 
I believe that God's strength will help me through every situation.  
I believe that God will direct my steps, be my strength, and supply all I need. 
I believe that I am a masterpiece and that I am beautiful. 
I believe that I have a purpose for my life, I am a conqueror, and that my destiny is victory. 
I believe that God's love is perfect.


 





9 comments:

  1. "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."
    I love this verse and thought of it as I read your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How reassuring: He does not want us to throw away our confidence because it has a great reward (Hebrews 10:35). Thanks for the reminder, Kira!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reminder of Joshua 1:9. God brought that verse to me several weeks ago during my daughter's reading lesson and has used it numerous times again. I guess I had thought I didn't need it anymore, yet it is exactly what I need. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these beautiful reminders and sharing of your doubts. Loved the video you shared. Had not heard this song. I believe!! Debbie W. (OBS Facebook Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kira, this is a great way to attack you doubts and insecurities. No, you are not alone on your journey. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are right there with you ready and will to come to your rescue. No only that, but your sisters at OBS are rooting for you to overcome every worry, every doubt, and every fear. You are God good and perfect daughter.
    Love and prayers,
    Barbara P. (OBS Small Group leader/Prayer Warrior Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I really enjoyed reading what you had to say. I love that you wrote down all the promises by starting out with "I believe". :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect song! I was thinking of the same one when I was writing about this same topic. What we believe really does change our lives. Praying for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post, love your I BELIEVE list! You are a beautiful don't ever forget that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kira,
    You are so not alone in how you feel, but God's love out shines all of our doubts and insecurities. You are beautiful and I am glad you are a part of this study.

    ~Eve

    ReplyDelete