Thursday, January 23, 2014

Permissible But Not Beneficial


Just because something is permissible doesn’t mean it is beneficial to us. Yes, the truth hurts sometimes, and with the Made To Crave bible study, so much truth has been thrown right at my face. I'm broken and bruised but will come out a much better person. This has been a sore subject with me since college, an on going battle not only with weight/health, but all the confidence that comes with it.




Last year my boyfriend and I went on a weight-loss journey, and it was AMAZING. I have not felt this good since high school. He lost 164 pounds.... yes, you read that right... 164 POUNDS!! I am dwindling along right around 70 lbs, I still have quite a way to go but I'm really proud of myself so far. We bought a food scale, measured out every single thing we ate, cut out all the bad things (we still had a cheat day, no worries...), had all the fancy fitness apps to log our run times and distances, got a weight bench to tone all the flabbies when the skin got loose, and just went at it with everything we had... which brings me to this weeks topic: Permissible but not beneficial. 

I work full time in an acute care setting, I also have two casual positions (one in an LTAC and one in a sleep lab) where I pick up extra hours. I can't tell you how many days I come home from a 12+ hour shift with a 1h15m commute each way and say to myself- "It was a really long day, you are so tired, just skip running this morning." "You really need to get some sleep before work, just cut out that last set."  or "It's too late, you don't have time to cook dinner, just grab something on the way to work." And I could go on for days but you get my drift. It's permissible, but not beneficial.

It's been a real fight to face the fact that I'M MAKING EXCUSES.

I'M MAKING EXCUSES!
 
I can't hide it, I need to fight it! I'm glad I can join you girls, I'm glad that someone out there is going to hold me accountable, and that I'm going to have God on my side. I'm diving in with my head held high!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl! (and boyfriend) We are a busy on the go family, and live about an hour from the city, sometimes it's easier to grab and go these days...I'm working on trying to keep, and make, easy to go snacks for my family and me.

    ReplyDelete